Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was looking for a different way to serve corn and found this traditional Canadian recipe on-line. These easy to make pancakes combine the wonderful taste of the sweet corn with a great crispy texture. Enjoy.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup corn (fresh or frozen corn kernels can be used)
- vegetable oil
- Beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks when the beaters are lifted up.
- In another bowl, combine the egg yolks, half-and-half, and sour cream.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg yolk mixture. Add the beaten egg whites, using a gentle stirring motion to combine them with the yolk mixture.
- Add the corn and stir gently. Pour a small amount of oil into a non-stick pan and heat it over medium heat. Drop batter, about 1 tablespoon at a time, into the pan for each pancake and cook until golden brown on each side. Serve with butter if desired.
Oh yummy. I recently had sweet corn pancakes in a restaurant and I had to try this recipe when I saw it. These are so good and easy to make. They were great for a different type of snack! Made for ZWT4 Family Picks for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.