Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really nice corn muffin. Nice brown crust inside the muffin pan and a tender, fine mealed texture inside the top. Not too sweet. Keep well in an airtight container. Originally from Cooks.com
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare 10 cup muffin tin.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, stir together milk, oil, eggs, melted butter, honey and vanilla until blended. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add milk mixture, stirring until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups; bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
- Cool 5 inutes before removing from muffin tin and cooling on a wire rack.
- These muffins freeze well.
Since I like to use whole grain flour in as many recipes as I can, this recipe adds a needed sweetness to the muffin. I substituted splenda for the sugar, Soy milk for the milk and whole grain Spelt flour for the all-purpose flour, with a nice result. Thanks!