Apparently this flavor has been making the rounds in NY for 10 year. However, where is is really popular is in China!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut kernels from corn cobs; reserve cobs. Break each cob into 2-3 pieces. Bring milk to a simmer in a large saucepan. Add corn kernels and cobs. Remove mixture from heat, cover, and let steep for 45 minutes.
- 2Remove cobs from milk; discard. Purée mixture in batches in a blender.
- 3Set a coarse strainer over a large bowl. Strain mixture, pressing on solids; discard solids.
- 4Add more milk if needed to measure 3 1/2 cups.
- 5Bring corn mixture, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and cream to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- 6Set a strainer over a medium bowl; set aside. Whisk remaining 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolks, and salt in a medium heat proof bowl. Gradually whisk in hot milk mixture; return to saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until custard registers 175° on an instant-read thermometer, about 2 minutes.
- 7Immediately pour custard through strainer. Place bowl with custard over a large bowl of ice water. Let stand until cold, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Cover and refrigerate custard for at least 6 hours or, preferably, overnight.
- 8Process custard in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a container; freeze for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Corn Gelato
Serving Size: 1 (1804 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.2
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 471.7 mg
- Sodium 577.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 88.0 g
- Protein 15.5 g