Recipe by MadCity Dale
Damn, it is now easier to find the recipes in the computer than in my notes. I am finally getting smarter? Nope! Just lazy-do a "search". A fun and quick recipe for a full shucked ear-use corn & water only-throw 3-4 ears into a ziploc plastic bag filled with water. Freeze, then pull out thow out, throw bag away and put into boiling water until desired doneness. From Best Ever Way to Freeze Sweet Corn by Chef53Kathy, and Jan & Rudy Montgomery of the 2005 season at the Northside Farmers market
Directions See How It's Made
- Husk, remove corn silk, save Huitolacoche [smut] for tacos.
- Cut corn off cobb, put into stock pot.
- Add water to cover kernals, sea salt and sugar.
- Medium high heat until starts to boil, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove corn to a pan to cool, reserving the liquids.
- Once corn is cooled, pack into plastic freezer bags, label date and cups quanity. Freeze flat and store for up to 1 year.