Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from a great chef that I have worked with. We serve it with crabcakes.
- 2 liters heavy cream
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, julienne
- 3 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1⁄4 ounce saffron thread
- 4 teaspoons chicken base
- 7 ears corn
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- white pepper
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- Remove corn from cobbs.
- Place corn and onion into a heavy bottom pot and with oil and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Cook 10 more minutes.
- Add the chicken base and stir until dissolved.
- Strain through a chinois or cheesecloth.
- Add saffron, salt, pepper and cayenne.