Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
More like a pancake than a snack, this is a great option for a weekend brunch.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place a 9-inch cast-iron skillet in oven for 10 minutes.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, corn, milk, sugar, and salt in a food processor; process until smooth. Add eggs; pulse 5 times to combine.
- Add butter to preheated pan, tipping to coat bottom and sides of pan. Pour corn mixture into pan. Bake at 450° for 14 minutes or until the mixture is set and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and the cinnamon. Cut into 4 wedges, and serve with applesauce and sour cream.