- 5 cups water
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and fine diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and fine diced
- 1 stalk celery, fine diced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 6 cups corn kernels (takes 8-10 ears)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot bring the water to a boil, then add the onion, carrot, celery and parsley. Turn heat down and simmer, uncovered for 25 minutes. Add the corn and cook 5 more minutes.
- Transfer half the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pot.
- Add the salt and pepper, taste for flavor. Add the maple syrup if you want a sweeter soup.