Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try one of these homey cakes as a tasty accompaniment to a salad or bowl of soup. Or team it up with some yogurt for a hearty breakfast. From WW Site.
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Coat a 6-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine ingredients and pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
These are very sweet corn bread muffins. When I first saw the title I was expecting more of a corn pancake, but this is definitely a sweet little muffin. I used splenda brown for the brown sugar. You use that at half strength and I only used 1 tbsp. In fact, I still found these to be super sweet due to the apple juice. So if you don't like yours very sweet, cut down even more. I used 2 egg whites for the egg sub. and, because I have very small muffin tins, made 10 muffins out of this. I used blue cornmeal because it was all I had, but my husband said they looked moldy so I didn't take a picture! LOL Nice little addition to dinner. Thanks!