Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my daughters favourite corncake recipe. It is served with avocado salsa which I dont bother with - just a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. I also do not bother with the blender - I just mix it all together and I used wholemeal flour.
- 525 g fresh corn kernels, cut from 3 large corn cobs
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 125 g plain all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Preheat the oven to 120C/250F/Gas 1.
- Place three-quarters of the sweetcorn kernels, the onion, eggs, coriander, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the remaining sweetcorn kernels and stir to combine.
- Heat one tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high. When the oil is hot, drop two heaped tablespoons of mixture per sweetcorn cake into the pan and cook in batches of three, for one minute on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm in the oven while you are making the rest of the cakes.