Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I grew up with this as a side for chili & stew. It wasn't until I went to Marie Calendars and had their corn bread that I learned that most corn breads aren't sweet. I've converted my in-law's to this sweet version. Try it and you may be converted too!
- Cream margarine and sugar in an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding dry mixture with milk.
- Pour into greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.
- ****NOTE: This recipe can easily be halved. Just use a 8" x 8" baking dish.