Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are delicious served warm with sauteed apples or pears.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, about 2 ears or 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- vegetable oil, for brushing griddle
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Place the flour, half-and-half, eggs, salt and pepper and butter in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add the corn and blend for a minute longer, until the corn is pureed.
- Pour the batter into a bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese and sugar in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to fill blintzes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a griddle and brush it lightly with oil.
- Pour a scant 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle for each blintz.
- When bubbles form on top, flip the blintzes and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove blintzes from griddle and immediately place 1-2 T filling in the center.
- Roll the blintz and place it seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- When all the blintzes are filled, place them in the oven to warm, about 10-15 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can refrigerate unfilled blintzes, stacking them between sheets of waxed paper and wrapping in plastic, and proceed with recipe when ready to fill.
- Serve warm with sauteed apples or pears.