1/3 Photos of Sweet Corn and Jalapeno Dip
Do not let the title fool you, this is delicious. This is an appetizer/dip recipe that goes well with tortilla chips. Everytime I make this dip people rave about it and ask for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons taco seasoning, from prepared taco season packet (more to increase spiciness)
- 2 -3 tablespoons canned jalapeno slices, finely chopped (can vary according to taste or spiciness)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, well-drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided into 3/4 cups
- 1In large bowl combine cream cheese and sour cream and beat until smooth.
- 2Beat in taco seasonings and jalapenos. Beat into this mixture one of the 3/4 C of the shredded cheese.
- 3Fold in the corn and mix well.
- 4Place mixture into a 9-inch square or comparable sized prepared baking dish(sprayed with non-stick).
- 5Cover the top with the remaining 3/4 C of the shredded cheese.
- 6Garnish top with a few sprinkles of taco seasoning.
- 7Bake at 300 degrees F until cheese is melted and bubbly. (DO NOT OVERBAKE--IT WON'T BE CREAMY).
- 8Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Corn and Jalapeno Dip
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.5
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 552.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.4 g