Do not let the title fool you, this is delicious. This is an appetizer/dip recipe that goes well with tortilla chips. Everytime I make this dip people rave about it and ask for the recipe.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons taco seasoning, from prepared taco season packet (more to increase spiciness)
- 2 -3 tablespoons canned jalapeno slices, finely chopped (can vary according to taste or spiciness)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, well-drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided into 3/4 cups
- In large bowl combine cream cheese and sour cream and beat until smooth.
- Beat in taco seasonings and jalapenos. Beat into this mixture one of the 3/4 C of the shredded cheese.
- Fold in the corn and mix well.
- Place mixture into a 9-inch square or comparable sized prepared baking dish(sprayed with non-stick).
- Cover the top with the remaining 3/4 C of the shredded cheese.
- Garnish top with a few sprinkles of taco seasoning.
- Bake at 300 degrees F until cheese is melted and bubbly. (DO NOT OVERBAKE--IT WON'T BE CREAMY).
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.