Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cooking Light. March 2006.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen cream-style corn, thawed
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- cooking spray
- Spread about 2 1/2 tablespoons corn over each of 6 tortillas.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over each; top each with 1/4 cup hominy, 1 tablespoon onions, 2 teaspoons cilantro, 1 teaspoon chiles, and 1 tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until tortillas are lightly browned.
- Set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.