Recipe by crazymom
a sweet creamy corn soup with a fresh taste of ginger,great for lunch or a lite dinner with a salad
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 5 ears corn, shucked and cut off cob
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 roasted chicken breasts, cut into juliene strips
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- scrap corn cobs twice to get all the"corn milk".
- sweat corn and onions together with butter in soup pot, after onions are translecent, add chicken stock, bring to a boil then simmer for 20 min.
- season with salt and pepper, add ginger and garlic, puree mixture with milk.
- Pour back into pot and heat slowly until soup is warmed through.
- When serving place a few chicken strips on top of each bowl of soup, sprinkle with bell peppers and some cheese.