a sweet creamy corn soup with a fresh taste of ginger,great for lunch or a lite dinner with a salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 5 ears corn, shucked and cut off cob
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 roasted chicken breasts, cut into juliene strips
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 diced onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1scrap corn cobs twice to get all the"corn milk".
- 2sweat corn and onions together with butter in soup pot, after onions are translecent, add chicken stock, bring to a boil then simmer for 20 min.
- 3season with salt and pepper, add ginger and garlic, puree mixture with milk.
- 4Pour back into pot and heat slowly until soup is warmed through.
- 5When serving place a few chicken strips on top of each bowl of soup, sprinkle with bell peppers and some cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for sweet corn and chicken soup
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.1
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 110.8 mg
- Sodium 658.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: