Recipe by tanz674
Fantastic winter warmer. Simple to make and tastes great!!
Top Review by Elmotoo
I used leftover turkey & skipped the poaching step. I also subbed scallions for the shallots. It was very tasty but no huge rave reviews from the fam. I made it - it comes together REALLY quickly, much less than the 45 minutes it says - and put it in the crockpot to keep warm. Made for PAC Spring '10.
- 1 1⁄2 liters water
- 1 liter chicken stock, liquid
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 cup shallot
- 500 g chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 (420 g) cans creamed corn
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Place stock liquid, water and stock powder into boiler. Once boiled, add whole chicken breasts. Cook 10 minutes then remove chicken. Either shred or dice chicken then return to pot with shallots, corn kernels, creamed corn and soy sauce. Bring to boil, then reduce to slow boil. Cook a further 10 minutes. Whisk in beaten egg white. Add pepper to taste.