1/3 Photos of Sweet Coffee - or Saffron Infusion (Qahwat Al-Hilo)
Sweet and Yummy. This is actually just an exotic spice infusion, and though called a coffee, there is no coffee in it. From The Complete Middle East Cookbook, Gulf States section, by Tess Mallos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bruise cardamom pods by hitting with a mallet or pound briefly in a mortar.
- 2Combine the ingredients in a small pan or large long handled coffe pot.
- 3Stir to desolve the sugar, then leave on low heat for 30 minutes until reduced and thick.
- 4Serve in Arabic coffee cups*, filling them.
- 5*Those small cups the size Chinese tea is served inches.
- 6An exotic brew!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Coffee - or Saffron Infusion (Qahwat Al-Hilo)
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole cardamom pods