Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great sauce for ice cream or cake. Add your favorite chocolate sauce and you have a real "Mounds" dessert!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In heavy saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and margarine.
- Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm.
- Bottle and refrigerate leftovers.
Delicious! We fried some shrimp using House-Autry seafood breader, coconut milk, and some flaked coconut as a batter, then dipped it in this sauce. It was very good. The only thing we did differently was added about 7 ounces of coconut milk to the sauce to thin it out.