Recipe by Susie Chen
This bread is very popular sale in any Asian supermarket, it is moist and delicious with coconut flavor!
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄8 cup almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the dough cycle and press start.
- When cycle is finished, remove the dough, knead enough to punch down and divide it into 3 pieces.
- Roll dough to 10x4 rectangle.
- Combine first five filling ingredients and mix well,If coconut to dry add more egg.
- Spread 1/4 coconut filling over rolled out dough with rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 raisins.
- Roll from long side, Roll up jellyroll-fashion and pinch edge together to seal.
- Make a braid out of the 3 ropes leaving enough length on each end.
- Brush egg on surface of dough (1 egg+ 1 tablespoon water).
- Once spread coconut filling and sprinkle with almond.
- preheat oven to 100*F and turn off.
- Cover the dough with a piece of cloth and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush melted Butter.