Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here is a recipe I have sumitted to Crappie Magazine: Sweet Crappie
- 12 crappies, cleaned and Fileted
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, ground
- 16 ounces golden dry ginger ale or 16 ounces pale dry ginger ale
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons flour
- to taste peanut oil (Enough to cover fish 1/2 way in heavy frying pan)
- Presoak Fish in a large baggie in the ginger ale. ( about 4 hours), then drain and wash.
- Crush corn flakes and Capt'n Crunch into a fine mixture. Add clove, and flour stir.
- Dip fish in beaten egg and then roll in the dry mix.
- Place fish in a Hot skillet cook each side until lightly golden brown.
- Turning only once. Place on paper towel, drain and serve with your favorite tartar sauce.