Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's a recipe for nice, somewhat sweet tasting chicken breasts. The recipe, as given below, was found at Kraft Foods, but I usually substitute my homemade stuffing made with whole grain winter wheat bread cubes, & when making it for this recipe, I usually add to the stuffing at least a teaspoon of orange zest.
Top Review by Simple but Delicious
My family loved this. I was surprised how delicious it was. I just added a little seasoning (Montreal Chicken) to the breasts to be sure there would be enough flavor. It was fine. The stuffing was a little mushy. I'd prefer it crispy, maybe under the broiler. But the family liked it exactly how it was. A success!
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot water
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add hot water to stuffing mix, then stir until just moistened [or use your own prepared stuffing]. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in 13"x9" [or 15"x10"] baking dish.
- Mix juice, sugar & butter until well blended.
- Pour over breasts, then top with prepared stuffing.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through [170 degrees F].