Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe makes 2 loaves of the best sweet bread. We eat it for dessert.Or with our morning coffee. Its my father-in-law's favorite. He says it's more cake than bread. Freezes wonderfully for those last-minute guests. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, water and extracts together for 8 minutes.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together; set aside.
- Pam spray loaf pans.
- Pour 2/3 batter into pans equally.
- Pour cinnamon mixture equally over both loaves.
- Using a knife swirl cinnamon through batter.
- Top with remaining batter equally over both.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
This is pretty good --- got better as it sat. i think the next time i bake it i will change up the filling as that's the part that just isn't quite all it could be....maybe add some nuts or even try a date filling. thanks for the jumping off point!
This is the best dessert bread!
This was very good and just like your FIL said, it is more like cake. But I did expect that since it was a cake mix involved. I never realized how long 8 minutes could be until I held my hand mixer that long. Might I suggest the good ole Kitchen Aid. Another thing, It is better when completely cooled since it is more cake like. My co-workers scarfed it! Made for "A TASTE OF YELLOW for LiveSTRONG Day, May 16th". Thank you Potluck!