Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like to experiment with my biscuits and came up with putting cinnamon in them instead of just plain biscuits.
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened (8 tablespoons)
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in canola oil.
- Add buttermilk and stir until blended.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Roll dough into a 15 x 8 inch rectangle.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch round baking pan lightly.
- Spread butter over the dough.
- Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up rectangle, jelly roll fashion, starting from one long side.
- Pinch seam in seal.
- Cut the roll into 1 and 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange the slices, cut side up, in prepared baking pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve hot.