Mary in LA.'s Note:
I like to experiment with my biscuits and came up with putting cinnamon in them instead of just plain biscuits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Stir in canola oil.
- 3Add buttermilk and stir until blended.
- 4Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- 5Roll dough into a 15 x 8 inch rectangle.
- 6Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 7Grease a 9 inch round baking pan lightly.
- 8Spread butter over the dough.
- 9Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- 10Sprinkle over butter.
- 11Roll up rectangle, jelly roll fashion, starting from one long side.
- 12Pinch seam in seal.
- 13Cut the roll into 1 and 1/2 inch slices.
- 14Arrange the slices, cut side up, in prepared baking pan.
- 15Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 16Remove from oven.
- 17Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Cinnamon Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.7
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 763.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g