Recipe by 4-H Mom
A recipe I found in an Old Cookbook. I made these and they are just wonderful!
Top Review by lovegymnasts
I also loved this recipe but had to make some changes to reduce the number of calories.<br/>I used unsweetened applesauce instead of oil; half the butter and sugar; and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon instead of a teaspoon.<br/>I also mixed the butter, sugar, and cinnamon together into a paste for easy spreading and even distribution.<br/>These were delicious.<br/>As the other reviewer said, this was a very sticky dough but I just dealt with it.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and mix well. Stir in vegetable oil. Add buttermilk and stir just until blended.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll dough into a 15 x 8 inch rectangle.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round baking pan lightly.
- Spread butter over the dough. Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up rectangle, jelly roll fashion, starting from one long side. Pinch seam to seal.
- Cut the roll into 1 1/2 inch slices. Arrange the slices, cut side up, in prepared baking pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.