Recipe by Countrywife
This started out as a recipe from Miriam B. Loo (Current, Inc). I added more spice and garlic. I like garlic. I've made these pickles for years. This recipe has gone to innumerable pot-lucks. I try to keep a fresh batch in the fridge (when I open one jar, I make another) because someone in the house gets a midnight craving or we get invited to dinner (terrific hostess gift) or someone at work organizes a picnic or pot-luck.
- 1 quart dill pickle
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 3 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pickles and cut into chunks or thick slices.
- Combine sugar, vinegar and spices in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Put pickles and garlic in jar and add sugar mixture.
- Cover, cool and refrigerate.
- Flavor develops over a week, but they get better and better after a couple of hours cooling time.