Recipe by Olha
Prepare this rich, easy to make chocolate dessert ahead of time.
Top Review by annlouise
I only made the filling for my pre-made crepes. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but cooling the chocolate made it very hard to mix with the whipped cream. There was a 2-layer texture that didn't quite all mix together. Also, I was concerned it wouldn't cover all crepes, so I intervalled a raspberry filling. I loved the flavor of the chocolate, but I don't think it would have been sweet enough on its own, nor plentiful enough.
- 1 (4 ounce) package sweet baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- slivered almonds (optional)
BASIC DESSERT CREPE BATTER
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE FILLING: Combine chocolate and water in saucepan over low heat; stir until chocolate melts.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each is added.
- Remove from heat; COOL:.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- spread chocolate mixture over each crepe.
- Stack crepes on top of each other.
- Chill several hours.
- Cut into six wedges.
- Garnish with slivered almonds, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.
- FOR THE CREPES: MIXER OR WHISK METHOD: In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Gradually add flour and sugar alternately with milk and water, beating with electric mixer or whisk until smooth.
- Beat in melted butter.
- BLENDER METHOD: Combine ingredients in blender jar; blend for about 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides with rubber spatula and blend for another 15 seconds or until smooth.
- BOTH METHODS: Refrigerate batter at least 1 hour.
- Cook on upside-down crepe griddle or in traditional pan.
- Brush pan lightly with oil or melted butter.
- Use about 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter per crepe.
- Immediately tilt pan in all directions, swirling the batter so it covers the bottom of the pan in a very thin layer.
- Work quickly before batter cooks too much to swirl.
- Return to heating unit and cook over MEDIUM-high heat.
- Cook crepe until bottom is browned.
- Then carefully turn with spatula.
- Use a Teflon coated or plastic spatula for coated pans.
- Brown other side for a few seconds.
- Remove from pan with spatula; stack on plate or tray.
- Makes about 20 to 25 crepes.
- Crepe Cookery.