Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so good! It's nice and cool. Great with a cup of coffee. MMMMMMMMM
- 1 package duncan hines butter recipe fudge cake mix
- 2 (4 ounce) packages sweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8 x 1 1/2 inch round layer pans.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake as directed on package.
- Melt chocolate with water over simmering water.
- Cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl until stiff, not dry, peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks in large bowl until thick (about 3 minutes); beat in chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut each cooled cake layer in 8 wedges and arrange wedges in 9 inch round layer pan so wedges are separated.
- Pour one half of mousse over cake in each pan and gently spread to fill spaces between wedges.
- Refrigerate until set.