Recipe by CherryRed
Yummy! I used amaretto liqueur in the icing and it came out great. I think I'll try Grand Marnier next time :)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Powdered Sugar Icing
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk (or enough for drizzling consistency)
- 2 teaspoons milk (or enough for drizzling consistency)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or till softened. Add HALF the flour and mix. Then add the sugar, melted chocolate, eggs, baking soda, and salt. Beat till thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining flour. Add chopped nuts if desired.
- Drop dough down by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or till cookies are set. Remove the cookies and cool completely on wire racks.
- Mix icing ingredients together in a small bowl. If desired, substitute first tablespoon of milk for flavored liqueur. Drizzle over top of cookies.