Recipe by I'mPat
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. A very filling healthy meal for 2 people. Fresh packets of stir fry vegetables sell in the supermarkets and green grocers in Australia or just make up your own mix of your favourites.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Another winner, Pat! This makes such a pleasant supper, quickly and easily prepared, fuss free if you use the already prepared vegetables.
I had everything I needed except vegetables!! My fridge was looking a little bare, so I had to make do with thinly sliced celery, onions, a red pepper and some green beans, and actually, it was lovely!
Lots of flavour, fresh basil from the garden (I used a mix of red and green basil), this was a refreshing and satisfying meal, thank you Pat!
- 220 g hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400 g prawns (raw peeled deveined tails intact)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 cm ginger (fresh finely grated)
- 500 g vegetables (pre-cut mixed stir fry, see note in intro)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup basil leaves (small fresh)
- 2 tablespoons cashews (unsalted roasted roughly chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the noodles in a medium heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover and set aside for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the noodles to separate and then drain well.
- Meanwhile put sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl and stir well to combine and set aside.
- Heat half of the oil in a large wok on high and add the prawns and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until prawns just change colour and remove fromthe wok and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil on medium high and add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute and then add the vegetables and stir fry for 1 minute and then add the water and cook covered tossing twice for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetable are just tender.
- Add the noodles, prawns and sweet chilli sauce mix to the wok and toss for 2 minutes or until well combined and heated through.
- Remove wok from heat and toss in the basil leaves ande cashews.
- Divide the noodle mix between shallow bowls and serve straightaway.
- OPTIONS - for a gluten free and lower salt option replace the prawns with 200 grams diced skinless chicken breast and the noodles with 70 grams (1/3 cup) basmati rice boiled.