Recipe by PetaBot
This is from the Easy Thai Cooking recipe book. I always use this recipe to use up leftover roast pork. It has become quite a favourite in our house and is simple to make. I also substitute fresh chilli with bottled chilli to save time and a special shopping trip. Without the coriander it is not quite the same. I also double the sauce ingredients to add more flavour to the rice.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 500 g lean pork, thinly sliced (or left over pork roast thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- Add onions, chilli and pork and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, water and fish sauce and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce is thick and syrupy, stirring while cooking.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with steamed rice.