Recipe by Trudski2010
The best of both worlds; honey garlic and hot wings all in one! Make sure to serve these with napkins!
- 2 kg chicken wings
- 1 cup liquid honey
- 8 minced garlic cloves
- 2 -4 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the together (except for the wings and cornstarch)in a bowl. Put raw wings in a large ziplock bag, pour marinate over the wings mix thoroughly seal bag and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Lay wings in a single layer on a foiled cookie sheet; pour remaining marinade in a pot. Bake wings for 30 minutes.
- While wings are baking, bring the marinade to a full boil over medium-high heat; boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- When wings are done, drain the excess liquid into the marinade in the pot.
- Mix cornstarch with a few tablespoons of water stir until completely dissolved. Stir this cornstarch mixture into the hot marinade; bring to a boil stirring constantly and it should form into a very thick sauce.
- ;Pour sauce over wings return to the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Careful they will be EXTREMELY HOT!