Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is Day 17: Dinner, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. You can add some extra heat, by adding a finely chopped red Thai chilli, if you like.
- 2 cups water
- 200 g chicken breast fillets
- 1 1⁄4 cups bean sprouts
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 fresh long red fresh chili pepper, sliced thinly
- 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander leaves, firmly packed
- 15 g ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Bring water to the boil in medium saucepan; add chicken. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Cool chicken in poaching liquid 10 minutes. Drain, and shred coarsely.
- Combine chicken in a medium bowl with sprout, capsicum, carrot, chilli, coriander and ginger.
- Shake juice and sauces together in a screw top jar, drizzle over salad.
One of my favourite salads of all time! It's like a party on a plate. I sometimes substitute shredded cabbage when I can't get bean sprouts. To save time I coursely grate the carrot and ginger.