Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
this is a bolognese sauce with a difference. easy to make and beautiful flavour off the tomato/sweet chilli sauce. i got the recipe in an old magazine i found but altered it a little to suit myself. i usually use it in lasagne ut its equally as nice with spaghetti or pasta shapes
- 500 g of mince meat (beef,chicken or pork)
- 1 (450 g) canof peeled tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced into small pieces
- 6 -8 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 150 ml sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Fry the meat in a large pan until brown, draining away excess fat.
- Add the red pepper,mushrooms and onion and fry until meat is fully cooked.
- Put the tomatoes, puree, garlic, sweet chili sauce, parsley and thyme into a blender and mix well.
- Add sauce to the pan with the meat and mix well.
- Serve in a lasagne or with spaghetti or pasta shapes.