Recipe by smee_u_like
i really love this recipe, it is so simple and is great for the cook/fisherman. i got inspiration from some fishermen on Newhaven beach having a barbeque.
- 1 large whole trout or 1 large whole mackerel
- sweet chili sauce or tomato sauce, to taste (shop bought)
- fresh herb, to taste
- water, small amount (enough to cover bottom of 'bag')
Directions See How It's Made
- At no point in this recipe should you remove the head or tail of the fish.
- First take a bit of tinfoil about 60cm x the width of the roll.
- Take your fish, making sure it has been gutted (your fish monger will do this for you) and cut 3 diagonal lines either side of the fish about 1cm deep into the skin of the fish and stuff your herbs inches Repeat this on the otherside.
- Smother the fish in the sweet chili sauce, making sure to put some in the belly with some herbs (if you want).
- Now lay the fish in the middle of the tinfoil and wrap the tin foil almost like a bag, when this is done you can put in the water, effectively steaming the fish.
- Put under the grill at around 170oC (centigrade).
- After 10 mins serve on a plate with a small dollop of sweet chili sauce to dip in and garnish with herbs.
- Drizzle a small bit of lemon juice over the fish.
- I hope this makes your mouth water, if you like it please tell me through the feedback and reviews.