Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious sauce that can be used for meatballs (like with my Sweet Meatball Appetizer meatball mixture, for all kinds of chicken dishes from grilled to sandwiches, the list goes on but it is always perfect.
- 5 cups water
- 3 tablespoons dry chicken soup powder
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 -2 whole red chili pepper
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 small red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- Combine four cups of water with chicken soup mix. Bring the water to a boil over a high flame.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining cup of cold water. Add to the pot and cook for five minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for five minutes.
- Bon apetit!
I am so sorry that this did not meet up to our expectations. We had so been looking forward to this sauce. The finished sauce was much too runny, greyish in colour and the only thing we could taste was the chicken soup powder with a little heat from the red pepper flakes. Maybe I did something wrong but I did follow the recipe exactly. I am glad I tried it though and will ponder over what could have gone wrong. Made for PAC, Autumn 2008. Thanks for posting.