- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red jalapeno chile, seeded and minced (or other small red chili)
- 1 shallot, minced (or 2 tbls. chopped scallion, white part)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened slightly and syrupy, about 20 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
- This can be made ahead and refrigerated up to 1 week.