Recipe by FlemishMinx
This is a meal-in-one, but you can simply make the salmon on it's own and serve with other side dishes. Preparation time does not include marinading time.
Marinade for salmon
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped fine
- 2 salmon fillets
Peppers and Noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced in thin strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced in thin strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded and slice in thin strips
- 200 g udon noodles, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean salmon, and place them in a shallow dish.
- Combine the ketchup, soy sauce, lime juice and zest, sugar, oil and chili in a small bowl.
- Pour over the salmon and marinate at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the salmon from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Pan-fry or grill the salmon for three minutes each side, beginning with skinless side first.
- Remove salmon and allow to rest.
- At the same time, heat the olive oil in the wok.
- Add the peppers and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- At the end of this time they should be cooked, but not browned.
- Add the udon noodles to the wok, along with the reserved marinade.
- Stir well to combine with the peppers, and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, place a portion of noodles on each plate topped by a salmon fillet.
- Garnish with three pepper slices, one of each color.