Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Found in Southern Living magazine and it looked easy, simple and delishes for a warm or trying day. Prep time is the longest and cooking time is just for microwaving the vegies til tender (noodles are not included in time).
- 1 cup cooked whole grain spaghetti (2 oz. uncooked)
- 2 cups shredded bok choy or 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh snow pea
Sweet Chili-Lime Sauce
- 2 tablespoons bottled sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- For the Salad Ingredients:.
- Place all ingredients in a medium-sized microwave-save plastic container. Cover with lid, and shake to combine.
- Lift one corner of lid to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- For Sweet Chili-Lime Sauce:.
- Stir above ingredients together until well blended. Pour on salad/noodle mixture and mix.
This was fantastic, colorful, easy and very adaptable. We don't use a microwave and I only lightly steamed the snow peas with the remaining veggies left raw. The vegetables were placed on a platter in a colorful display: Russian kale cut into ribbons to sub for baby bok choy; added fresh organic cilantro. I also lightly fried two eggs in a small amount of toasted sesame oil to add protein to this recipe for a complete meal. Served over Organic Planet's udon noodles. Next time I'll try diced or cubed tofu, tempeh or chicken for the protein. We liked the sauce although I skipped the garlic because the sweet chili sauce already contains it. Will make again soon! Thanks for posting!