Recipe by mama smurf
Found in Southern Living magazine and it looked easy, simple and delishes for a warm or trying day. Prep time is the longest and cooking time is just for microwaving the vegies til tender (noodles are not included in time).
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This was fantastic, colorful, easy and very adaptable. We don't use a microwave and I only lightly steamed the snow peas with the remaining veggies left raw. The vegetables were placed on a platter in a colorful display: Russian kale cut into ribbons to sub for baby bok choy; added fresh organic cilantro. I also lightly fried two eggs in a small amount of toasted sesame oil to add protein to this recipe for a complete meal. Served over Organic Planet's udon noodles. Next time I'll try diced or cubed tofu, tempeh or chicken for the protein. We liked the sauce although I skipped the garlic because the sweet chili sauce already contains it. Will make again soon! Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup cooked whole grain spaghetti (2 oz. uncooked)
- 2 cups shredded bok choy or 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh snow pea
Sweet Chili-Lime Sauce
- 2 tablespoons bottled sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Salad Ingredients:.
- Place all ingredients in a medium-sized microwave-save plastic container. Cover with lid, and shake to combine.
- Lift one corner of lid to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- For Sweet Chili-Lime Sauce:.
- Stir above ingredients together until well blended. Pour on salad/noodle mixture and mix.