1/3 Photos of Sweet Chili-Glazed Tofu With Bok Choy - America's Test Kitchen
Debbie R.'s Note:
Haven't made this yet. It's important to use sweet chili sauce and not things like sriracha, sambal oelek or chili-garlic sauce. Those are hot, and sweet chili sauce isn't.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tofu planks into 2 x 1 inch pieces. Arrange on paper towel lined plate. Let drain 15 minutes.
- 2Whisk together chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger and 1/2 t. cornstarch in bowl.
- 3Heat 1 T. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add bok choy stems and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add greens and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Drain in colander.
- 4Add rest of oil and garlic to skillet. Cook until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes. Use slotted spoon to transfer garlic to paper towel-lined plate.
- 5Spread rest of cornstarch in shallow plate. Pat tofu dry. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge in cornstarch, shaking off excess. Cook tofu in garlic oil, turning occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes. Pour off oil from skillet. Add chili sauce mixture and drained bok choy. Toss to combine. Top with garlic chips.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Chili-Glazed Tofu With Bok Choy - America's Test Kitchen
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.6
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 904.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce