Recipe by Mirj
This is always a big hit at my house, especially when we have people over to watch a game on TV. The prep time includes marinating the wings.
Top Review by Sueie
Made this with chicken breasts, because that was what I had on hand (family member doesn't like wings), and the report I got was that it was delicious. Have been told this is a keeper. Nothing to change, easy, tasty and tangy. Love the fresh taste of cilantro.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- steamed white rice
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken wing in half at joint.
- Mix oil, cilantro, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons garlic, ginger and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl.
- Add chicken wings and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken wings to large baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, sugar, water, chili-garlic sauce, remaining 1/2 tablespoon garlic and remaining 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until glaze mixture thickens to syrup consistency, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer baked chicken wings to large bowl.
- Pour glaze over; toss to coat.
- Place chicken wings atop steamed white rice.
- Sprinkle with green onions.