2 hrs 40 mins
This is always a big hit at my house, especially when we have people over to watch a game on TV. The prep time includes marinating the wings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- steamed white rice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1Cut each chicken wing in half at joint.
- 2Mix oil, cilantro, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons garlic, ginger and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl.
- 3Add chicken wings and turn to coat.
- 4Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 6Using tongs, transfer chicken wings to large baking sheet.
- 7Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, combine vinegar, sugar, water, chili-garlic sauce, remaining 1/2 tablespoon garlic and remaining 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in medium saucepan.
- 9Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until glaze mixture thickens to syrup consistency, about 20 minutes.
- 10Transfer baked chicken wings to large bowl.
- 11Pour glaze over; toss to coat.
- 12Place chicken wings atop steamed white rice.
- 13Sprinkle with green onions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Chili-Glazed Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.3
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 923.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 43.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: