Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
From Pilgrim's Pride Poultry.
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml seasoned rice vinegar
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml minced ginger
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 177.44 ml Thai sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy or Sriracha with a little honey or brown sugar added)
Asian Vegetable Rice
- 354.88 ml jasmine rice
- 44.37 ml seasoned rice vinegar
- 158.51 ml grated carrot
- 158.51 ml diagonally sliced sugar snap pea (optional)
- 78.07 ml diced red bell pepper
- 29.58 ml black sesame seeds
- 2.46 ml salt (to taste)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonal
- In a large sealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, cilantro, ginger and garlic. Add chicken and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with nonstick spray. Remove chicken from marinade and drain; discard marinade. Place sweet chili sauce in a large bowl add chicken and toss to coat. Place chicken on baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions, omitting butter or margarine. While rice is cooking, combine rice vinegar with carrot, snap peas (if using), bell pepper, sesame seeds, and salt. Stir mixture into freshly cooked rice and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Slice chicken diagonally and serve over rice. Sprinkle green onions over top.
Amazingly good. I loved the spice from the Thai sweet chili sauce and the rice. I combined everything together along with sprouts and it was soooo good. I marinated only for one hour but cooked them on the stove top (it was been so hot here) then poured any juices left in the pan over chicken and rice. Quick and tasty meal.
Heaven!!!!!!!! I made this for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game to go along with your recipe Thai Sweet Chili Sauce #457035 (which I made for New Kids on the Block tag game) and ohhh soooooo yummmmmmy. I did use boneless chicken thighs which DH loves and followed the rest of the instructions. I marinated the thighs for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Definately going into my Favorites of 2011. Thank you for submitting another great recipe!
I have to apologize first...I forgot to sprinkle the green onions before taking the pic! They add so much taste and color, do not forget them! (We added them to it after we sat down to eat....once I jumped up from my chair to grab them :) ) This recipe is for the fire eaters amongst us.....I am one of them. gailanng has now gotten me addicted to sriracha sauce....so much so that I now have two versions....one with extra garlic, and one without. The rice is beautiful, and the rice vinegar helps offset the heat of the delicious chicken. I marinated for 6 hours, because I ended up having to work late and it couldn't be helped. I don't think it hurt the taste at all! Thanks for sharing!! Made for Holiday tag.