Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These irresistible halloumi-topped mushrooms with Thai sweet chili sauce are great as a appetizer or main course.
- 8 potrobello mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces halloumi cheese, sliced
- 4 -6 tablespoons thai sweet chili dipping sauce
- salad leaves, to serve
- Heat the broiler to high. Place the mushrooms gill-side up on a rack, brush all over with with the oil and season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook under the broiler for 5 mins until the juices start to run.
- Top with the halloumi cheese slices then return to the broiler and cook for a further 4-5 mins until the cheese is golden and crisp.
- Arrange the mushrooms on serving plates and spoon a little chili sauce over each. Serve with the salad leaves.