Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A really simple and tasty sausage recipe that requires the absolute minimum of effort. Perfect for Guy Fawkes Night.
- 12 large meaty pork sausages
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- Heat the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7.Arrange the sausages in a roasting tin (I line mine with foil) in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients with 1 tbsp water.
- Pour the ketchup mixture over the sausages and mix well. Bake for 30 minutes, turning and basting occasionally, until the sausages are golden.
Somewhere in my freezer I have lovely Portuguese pork sausages which I thought would be perfect for this dish. But I came home very frazzled and very short of time. So I made this dish with - yes - hot dogs. And you know what - it was a delicious way to make hot dogs. I reduced the temp to 350 deg., and made half the sauce for four hot dogs - not enough sauce. I would think you would double, triple or quadruple it - I would have liked some to dip the chunks of sausage into. I think I roasted them 20 minutes total - did not do the first preroast, just put it in the oven with the sauce. This makes a quick pantry dinner seem like something special. Served with a Mediterranean couscous/mixed grain as a starch and sauteed zucchini. A really nice meal.
Having recently discovered bangers on ZWT we really enjoyed this variation. Other than cutting the recipe in 1/2 we followed everything to the t. Made for Aus/NZ tag.