Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe adapted from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I was not a chili fan before this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sweet green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces maple baked beans
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, baked beans, chili powder, basil and pepper.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and let simmer for 20 minute.
- CROCKPOT: Follow step one above.
- Combine everything into your crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.