Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great vegetarian salad to have on it's own or as a side to any meal. Travels extremely well.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Store in a plastic container or plastic bag.
This was very easy and healthy. I had a perfectly ripe mango and so the sweetness was right on! It was sweet but not overly. I liked the snap of the vegi's with the tart lime and sweet mango. Maybe serve it over brown rice or something for a full meal? Thanks for the great recipe Nat Da Brat....
I used canned mango and enjoyed another great chickpea dish.
Wow, this was really tasty! I made a smaller version of it just for myself for lunch, and it adapted well. I chilled it overnight and the flavours blended nicely. I did add about 1 tablespoon of pure mango juice, as my mango was not quite ripe yet and thus was not very sweet. I will be keeping this recipe for sure. Thanks!