Recipe by Rita~
Honey, ginger, garlic, peanut butter, teriyaki and cilantro flavor these so fine that I know you'll want to try them! Be sure to soak skewers on water or apple juice for 30 minutes before skewering chicken. Serve as an appetizer, on a bed of greens or a meal.
Top Review by jamc100
I hate to give this a bad review, but I did not like it. It reminded me of the peanut butter and honey sandwiches i had as a kid, which was extremely off putting for me. Too sweet, not enough ginger or garlic... just couldn't get into it. If I decide to try it again, I'll use brown sugar instead of honey, use less peanut butter, and much more garlic.
- 1⁄3 cup hot apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (lite is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all the ingredients but the chicken together.
- Place chicken in a zip lock bag add just enough marinade to coat the chicken and chill for 1 hour.
- Chill rest of sauce for dipping.
- Skewer chicken in a ribbon method onto soaked skewers.
- Grill on a well seasoned grill over med-high heat for about 7 minutes. Basting with the chicken marinade.
- Serve with chilled dip and fresh sliced cucumbers!