Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A lovely dish, so aromatic, that goes with just about anything, or nothing at all! Another recipe in the ever-growing, ever-popular family of risotto.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 14 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained or 2 cups other cooked beans
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in 3 to 4 quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and onion; cook 5 minutes, turning to brown both sides.
- Add chicken broth, rice, horseradish and sugar.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.( there should be extra liquid).
- Add beans and peppers.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.